Sunday 30 October 2011

seeker robot

I based the seeker robot on one of the silhouettes I created.

I chose this design because of the characteristics the robot needs to have. It needs to be fast to find the player but it also needs to be quick bulky to drag the speaker around. I think the body shape fits this. Also the use of a wheel rather than legs suggests speed due to it referencing an automobile.

I used the same process with this robot as i did with the seeker robot so I will not show the development.

The player must know the robots uses, the large lamp that the seeker carries shows this. I tried to make this look as interesting as possible so it would stand out and be easily visible. I connected the two robots with a  chain, In the game I thought it would be effective f the chain dragged along the floor so the player knows they are coming.

I am happy with the speaker design but not the seeker. I think this is because of its static pose isn't dramatic enough. I will redesign this in ba8 but for now I will have to leave it.

If this design goes into the design document then I will redesign the background to enhance the piece. The one that is there presently was just a mock up to enhance the tones of the robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment