Friday 14 October 2011

BA7 brief




brief points;

1: We have to have an understanding of the pipeline in the games industry. 
2: I can work in a 'development team' for this project and apply production roles. 
3: Primarily i will be creating a body of research for a game document. (first part of the pipeline).
4: This blog will show my body of research and development through the project. 
5: I will be assessed on time management, organisation and planning of my project. 
6: I have be conscious that this project should benefit my portfolio and CV. 

Looking at the brief i think i could accomplish all these points easier by being in a group. If i worked with a 3d artist we could create a pipeline much like a studio would. This would also create production roles that we would have to fulfil.

On this basis I have found two other students in their third year on games art and design to work with. Our objectives are to create a game document that will allow all three of us to create concept pieces for our portfolios.

I agreed to work with these students on the condition that it would benefit my work and allow me to create a stronger final piece than i could create on my own.

I believe that working in a group will help develop my time management and organisation skills.

The group;

Chris Jarvis: 3d artist
Ollie Hoff: graphic designer
Sam Kemp (me) : 2d concept artist

No comments:

Post a Comment